La Leche League announces the 2020 Breastfeeding Art
From May 1-July 12, 2020
At the beginning of this year, the unexpected pandemic struck the
world and caused many new mothers struggle to meet unprecedented
challenges. Fortunately, mothers’ warm love makes babies feel safe
and at ease, and many families have become closer during this time.
We launch this contest in order to promote breastfeeding through social media and collect beautiful visual creations to be used in advocacy and promotion of breastfeeding through various forms worldwide.
La Leche League Asia & Middle East sincerely invites you and your whole family to create interesting and innovative breastfeeding-themed artwork together. You can choose any art medium or style, such as: manga, painting, sketch, gouache, sand painting, children's artwork, origami, paper cutting, sculpture, ceramics, calligraphy, handmade crafts, knitted crafts, mosaic, abstract art, digital art, graphic design, multi-media, Lego, plastic clay, handmade works, and other works related to breastfeeding. We hope this contest will spur the creation of original entries that show that breastfeeding is a normal human experience, and not too challenging or overwhelming, and that breastfeeding is full of fun and happiness.
Let us overcome the challenges together, sweep away the unrest and fear during this time, and give our children a beautiful Spring! Use your art to commemorate your wonderful time of breastfeeding, and let mothers’ love bring warmth to the world during the pandemic in 2020!
Click the button below to download the 2020 Breastfeeding Art Contest poster that gives details about the contest including prizes.
How to Enter
Upload photos or scans of your artwork on to the contest webpage and share about it on your personal social media account.
1. Upload your work as a high-resolution scan or photo to participate in the event. Please click the red "Upload Breastfeeding Art" button on the 2020 Breastfeeding Art Contest page .
2. Read the Copyright Release Form, tick and submit the form to agree.
3. Fill in the information according to the online form and upload the photos of the artwork. If your artwork is 3D, such as a sculpture, please submit photos from multiple angles.
4. After uploading the photos, they will be reviewed. The approved works will be displayed on the event page, and you can start voting and forwarding from July 13 to July 30.
1. Take a clear photo of the artwork, the higher the resolution the better. The photos must be in JPG format (it is preferable that the file size is at least 1MB). You can upload up to 10 photos at a time. Uploading photos requires a browser that supports HTML5. IE requires a version of 10 or higher. Chrome are recommended.
2. There is no limit to medium or genre artistic works, such as: manga, painting, sketch, gouache, sand painting, children's artwork, origami, paper cutting, sculpture, ceramics, calligraphy, handmade crafts, knitted crafts, mosaic, abstract art, digital art, graphic design, multi-media, Lego, plastic clay, handmade works, and other works related to breastfeeding.
3. Do not display any text or logo on the photo or artwork.
The main purpose of this contest is to encourage the creation of more creative breastfeeding visual content to be used for the global promotion of breastfeeding. So, as you enter this contest and submit photos or scans of your works of art, you will release the use of the photos or scans to public domain. La Leche League also reserves the right to use the photos or scans you submit, which may be used in the following, including but not limited to: promotional posters, calendars, public service advertisements, press releases, websites, books, art collections, picture/photo libraries, etc.
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com and we encourage you to check this webpage on the La Leche League Asia & Middle East website at any time to view the updated information of the event page.